#26 12-07-07 08:48

McAlec

Re: NEXUS07/4ECOEARTH

Last edited by McAlec (12-07-07 18:51)

#27 12-07-07 14:00

afoolsuchasi

"You are in another room. This time, they didn't bother with the fake computers. The grey walls are made of a smooth material that you haven't seen before."

Last edited by afoolsuchasi (12-07-07 14:02)

#28 12-07-07 14:10

afoolsuchasi

New technique: once you have the poist id drop the 'craigslist' in the search. It lets the google search move a bit further and you can jump from distinct phrase to distinct phrase without anchoring to the beginning of the post that says 'craigslist'

Climb the east wall with the hole: "You dig your feet and hands into the wall. It does give beneath your fingers, and they sink in. You can feel wires within the wall, and a few snap under your weight. But there's no electricity in them anymore. You come up to the fraying hole.You concentrate and try to listen to it.-examine east wall."

We might consider putting together a more organized map/chart of some kind of what we've uncovered.

#29 12-07-07 14:17

afoolsuchasi

Examine hole: "You can see sky through the hole. You hear something but can't quite make it out. You could probably climb the east wall with the hole, it looks soft and like the plaster is decaying"

Last edited by afoolsuchasi (12-07-07 14:17)

#30 12-07-07 23:16

I agree, let's combine what we know so far into one post because it's all pieces right now. There's also more to - go through dark green door following afoolsuchasi's technique above.

"You are in another room. This time, they didn't bother with the fake computers. The grey walls are made of a smooth material that you haven't seen before. When you were Outside, you all knew that there would be strange things inside. But you feel disappointed. You can see a hole in one of the smooth grey screens, and you wonder if you should touch it.

#31 12-07-07 23:26

afoolsuchasi

Touch hole in smooth grey screen: "The screen bends beneath your fingers and peels back like a fabric. You push all the way through and are in a new room. It's empty, with a glass floor. There's nothing in it but some shallow scratches in the glass. Maybe there was furniture here once. There is a small fist sized hole at the crease between wall and ceiling where plaster has has crumbled in."

#32 12-07-07 23:29

afoolsuchasi

Does someone with an early high up post want to transform that into an organized read out of what we've got so far? Im getting really confused which room leads to which lol.

ps, add "site: craigslist.org" to your search to narrow it to clist and make it easier

#33 12-07-07 23:35

Last edited by girlwhoruledtheworld (12-07-08 00:06)

#34 12-07-08 01:12

afoolsuchasi

That could be a problem. I've had some luck routing around the issue by searching 'site:craigslist.org "examine"' with which I got most of the examines we've found along with:

Examine animal: "The animal is gone now, whatever it was. -take animal -look animal."

If we look at the actions we've got so far we might be able to guess some common words to lead us directly into parts of the narrative beyond the frayed hole.

Last edited by afoolsuchasi (12-07-08 01:14)

#35 12-07-08 01:37

afoolsuchasi

#36 12-07-08 09:55

Parkaboy73
Banned

I stepped away from this one for a while. But it looks like you all are making serious progress. Thanks for compiling what you've found. I wouldn't have been able to do this.

How are you all locating these new text fragments?

#37 12-07-08 09:57

afoolsuchasi

Googling things that sound like plausible actions and looking for google cache results from craigslist (eg, "there is a  green door" --> "go through the green door"). "Examine" is popular.

#38 12-07-08 14:30

McAlec

#39 12-07-08 16:05

afoolsuchasi

Well the basic semantic structure of these items tends to jump from distinctive phrase to distinctive phrase in a pretty leading fashion (ie, "theres a green door" --> "go through green door" --> "theres a grey screen" --> "touch grey screen"), so I have been trying to think if I could imagine what we might be hearing in this building we're in that would complete the formula ("you see a fraying hole" --> "listen to fraying hole" --> "you hear x" --> "examine x"), but the possibilities are pretty wide open.

Someone mentioned that this was a counter part to a previous puzzle where you were the small animal, so I wonder if we might try to guess at who or what we are and what's going on here (possibly drawing on knowledge of the earlier puzzle?). One of our clues noted that "You can remember when you were a little girl," so do we suppose we are Jane or how are we related to Jane and who is 'they' whose offices we are in exactly? I know this has something to do with the MC office relocations to (New New York? Chicago) but I'm having trouble lining all the right pronouns up.

Another thought, if we can see the sky through the fraying hole, we might be drawing near to the xxx.png clue, but what the connection could be I could not say.

Another thought is to try to find out when these were posted and check the twitter feed for things posted near then to try to get all the clues in one bag.

Last edited by afoolsuchasi (12-07-08 16:08)

#40 12-07-08 20:53

McAlec

I checked the twitter feed manually and using different apps, but none of them go past Twitter's 3200 tweet limit. If @craigslist_chi was a typical twitter user, that would be no problem, but we're dealing with over 300 000 tweets here...

Also, the other games ended in the room that we are currently leaving, so there are no leads there.

#41 12-07-09 00:08

afoolsuchasi

Yeah no luck on the twitter for me either. It's amazing how much is and yet isn't captured forever on the internet. Echoes without the source.

#42 12-07-09 08:33

McAlec

#43 12-07-09 10:55

afoolsuchasi

Try emailing 'listen to fraying hole.' Worth a shot.

#44 12-07-09 15:38

McAlec

I was going to go through all the steps, but you make a good point; we have them all anyways.

Just sent the email. Haven't heard back from my "Go through the dark green door" yet either, though.

Worth noting is the email of the person that replied to me: 01apersona10@gmail.com

Last edited by McAlec (12-07-09 15:38)

#45 12-07-11 15:01

McAlec

#46 12-07-14 22:40

McAlec

For the people that are subscribed to this topic, I've been updating the original post with the replies that I've been getting from Jane. We're almost to the point of listening to the fraying hole.

#47 12-07-14 22:59

Parkaboy73
Banned

Thanks for the updates, McAlec! What's left to do on this challenge?

#48 12-07-15 09:00

McAlec

Keep emailing Jane, I guess. I think we're near the end, so we'll have the passwords soon!

#49 12-07-15 23:13

wvixivw

#50 12-07-16 12:22

McAlec

Looking back, you must be right about the filenames being an alphabet. I'm not sure what else to say to get other replies, but I'll take a look at it.

On another note: "gals"?

Last edited by McAlec (12-07-17 09:55)

Board footer