#1 12-11-29 12:28

Kostas

8th Area and Bureau.CRASH

So, entering in all the passwords gives the following message:
(/) || (../../../../../../) + /001.html

It would seem to direct us back to the first nexus, and thus create a circular structure to the game. On the other hand || is the logical operator for OR, and the simple / in the first set of brackets might point to a different direction. This also seems thematically in line with the fact that we have to choose between a circular structure and a break. I've tried a few things with the slash but no luck so far. Any ideas?

Secondly, I think there is a little bit of house keeping we should do before the Bureau.CRASH hits. It sounds like it will encrypt the site (possibly/probably the forum too?). One of the main things that would be good to update is to create local copies of the files/media for the wiki, as well as update hub 6/7 with their ephemera. There are lots of other things that might be good too - the Bureau bots seem to have assembled some of them for us.

It might also be worth bookmarking the wiki/reddit if you don't have them.

#2 12-11-29 14:04

asherah

Re: 8th Area and Bureau.CRASH

Hmmm I can't tell if I'm just being silly and missing something, but when I entered all the passwords I got the same message but without the "+ /001/html" section. Just "(/) || (../../../../../../) " Although, I too haven't been able to make anything of it.

But what about the furniture that appeared in the red room? Maybe that is itself the "8th Area" as you called it. I haven't been able to do much but move around and jump, but the black hole in the wall and the white square in the ceiling look like they could possibly be portals/windows/exits. Or maybe I'm making too much of it...

#3 12-11-29 20:05

NEX
Administrator

#4 12-11-29 22:42

HelloCentral

#5 12-11-30 12:26

gasmoney

Asherah; any luck playing around in the redroom? Every time I try to use WASD or the spacebar it adds a character to the password area, causing the furniture to disappear.
I agree, though, it looks like the room is navigable. (Why would they do that if it didn't mean something?!)
Additionally, I feel pretty short navigating through the room. Standing next to the bookshelf, feels like I'm not much more than two feet tall... Assuming the room is "to scale."

#6 12-11-30 17:44

Kostas

I was able to navigate it (got on top of the bookshelf and most other objects, tried to click/use 'E' on most things. Nothing seemed to respond. There may still be something, but need more work.

#7 12-11-30 20:53

Kostas

#8 12-11-30 20:54

On the Wiki Ephemera page I've been trying to save local copies of important files- there's a local copy of JPowell's resume and a few bmp images as well. Haven't been able to upload a copy of twoeightsofthewaythere.bmp, yenminbireneuro.bmp, fireandicelandair.bmp, and atourroyalpleasure.bmp yet because the file sizes take too long to upload.

#9 12-11-30 21:12

gasmoney

#10 12-12-01 00:00

NEX
Administrator

#11 12-12-01 02:44

Kostas

Appreciated NEX.

The passwords go into Nexus 0. #0 goes in box 8, the rest go in 1-7 in the normal order.
Nex has a fairly long speech - didn't get a chance to transcribe it.

#12 12-12-01 11:04

gasmoney

I took a listen, jotted down things that I could...

JP or EVA?
rat or a bureaucrat?

the interview is over, this game is finished...no more time

wait, we have believed...we have solved these challenges together

never a game, not really, a test

we have come full circle, we have eaten our own tail

wait
there is no final nexus, but a choice still remains
should we repeat again?
should we become something new?
it has always been up to you...
the only hope is you

Last edited by gasmoney (12-12-01 11:05)

#13 12-12-01 11:24

JustInCayce

This speech returns us to the choice mentioned in the story summary we got at the end of the 8 Nexus07 challenges.

Is there anything we need to do to prepare for tomorrow (8PM CST/ 9PM EST, SUNDAY)?

#14 12-12-01 11:46

gasmoney

I'm not sure. For whatever reason, I feel like copying the "important" conversations and saving them on my computer... Don't want to loose all of our work...

#15 12-12-01 18:25

tinkertailor

#16 12-12-01 20:12

gasmoney

Nex must be worried about something. Morse code is SOS.

Board footer