#1 12-08-02 21:30

NEXUS08?

We've finally obtained all the passwords for level 7! Good work everyone and congratulations for sticking around until almost the end! :)

After typing all the passwords into level 7, this appears as below:

(/) || (../../../../../../)

Edit: If you get the chance, there's more in Nexus07 following the red arrow in the conversation.

Last edited by girlwhoruledtheworld (12-08-02 21:35)

#2 12-08-03 01:40

afoolsuchasi

Re: NEXUS08?

So root or enough double dots to return to root, but the root page still looks the same. Any thoughts on what now?

#3 12-08-03 14:57

Parkaboy73
Banned

Given the frequency of the number 8 throughout the game, this should be the last one. But it does seem to loop to the beginning like afoolsuchasi observes instead of moving forward. Has anyone found any changes to the first hub? A difference in the repetition?

#4 12-08-03 15:00

Hoof

Last edited by Hoof (12-08-03 15:32)

#5 12-08-03 22:14

#6 12-08-04 09:19

McAlec

Last edited by McAlec (12-08-04 09:56)

#7 12-08-04 10:58

Parkaboy73
Banned

Very cool! Great job finding the link, girlwhoruledtheworld. I kept searching at the top of the hub and didn't look carefully enough at the bottom of the page. I should have just examined the source code.

And awesome to have you back McAlec. Very cool about the SOS in Hs!

What do you make of the dense field of links in the Infinite hub?

As for the date, it seems to be Saturday, August 11th, 2012, at 8pm EST. Is that right?

#8 12-08-04 15:40

Hoof

#9 12-08-04 22:28

McAlec

You're right, Parkaboy. They must have changed the timer since I saw it.

#10 12-08-04 22:39

I was in the chatroom with McAlec and brought up the idea of having a list of questions for Nex- anything we might want to still ask about when the timer ends. Anything about Q, A, NEX, James Powell etc.

Last edited by girlwhoruledtheworld (12-08-04 22:41)

#11 12-08-05 08:50

McAlec

#12 12-08-06 08:21

Parkaboy73
Banned

The idea about a list of questions is a good one, girlwhoruledtheworld. Should we figure out what we still need to find out after all of the interviews, summaries, and docs we already have? The list of links on the Infinite page suggests that this info might be important going into the final moments. It might be a good way to prepare.

#13 12-08-07 06:25

Parkaboy- I think so too- that the list of links are a good place to look for information for the questions we still want to ask. The links are from levels 7, 1, 6 and 5 just to note.

Its probably been mentioned by someone before as a hunch- that A in the interview is NEX. Since we're asking the questions (as Q) and in the upcoming conversation with NEX, would that be proof of being A- answering our questions? If so, A mentioned being a unreliable narrator (in Nexus01) and again mentioning it in Nexus07 (the false story)- so in the upcoming conversation, how will we know A/NEX would be telling us the truth? The interview is inaccurate- what parts can be trusted and the links (/INFINITE) more of a chronicle of facts/what happened really.

- This is another hunch- but the interview between Q & A I think is between NEX and the protocols that discovered NEX- "they isolated Nex and began to ask it questions." (Nexus07- 8Q&&&&&A/)

- I'm not sure about James Powell- if he's someone of enough relevance to ask questions about but his name appeared throughout several levels.

- Thanks to genericboringposter's Character(s) topic- Q is referred to as "Histrion" by A, do we want to ask more about this?

- Should we be expecting random questions too? Since A throws back a few questions to Q during the interview.

- NEXUS07 answers a lot of questions too- (which I must of not read properly because a lot of things start to make sense now) the beginning of Nex, what the Reticle is, Histrion (Nex's creation to communicate with the past), and also this, "The eighth test, Speculation, became the final possibility of Nex’s survival and MetaCorp’s end. If this test failed, Nex was prepared to undertake the ultimate act of self-negation, destroying Histrion along with itself."
-- Do we prove to NEX that Speculation worked and if it was destroyed, it would lead to an unstoppable Metacorp?

-- Phew, any other questions that need to be resolved?

Last edited by girlwhoruledtheworld (12-08-07 06:27)

#14 12-08-10 11:47

laura_palmer

Another thing to remember (that's making me a little anxious) is that this is the only live challenge we've had-in the past there's been time for reflection, revision, working through. In the past Nex has been our editor, our authority, and now she is our interlocutor. This challenge is inviting a really different dynamic among the players and with Nex, who's playing with us in a different way.

#15 12-08-10 13:51

Parkaboy73
Banned

Some very good points on this thread. The pieces I'd most like to know about are James Powell, Histrion, and Q/A. There's already so much in the interviews (esp. the one in Nexus07, including the bottom part that girlwhoruledtheworld mentioned, after you click the red link).

I'm not sure what to expect as far as format goes. laura_palmer is right though that this looks like it will be a live challenge that takes place in the chat space. So we should be ready to go. It's good that we have such tight documentation in the Document, Characters, Narratives, and Timeline threads. We may have to consult these on the fly? It will be interesting. Will you all be coming out for this tomorrow night?

#16 12-08-10 14:26

Hoof

#17 12-08-10 21:38

McAlec

Last edited by McAlec (12-08-10 22:11)

#18 12-08-10 22:50

#19 12-08-11 14:02

laura_palmer

I think all of these comments are pointing to a healthy degree of paranoia. I'll definitely be online for the chat. Trying to do some reasearch on all the stuff I missed...

Board footer