#1 12-08-11 22:05

McAlec

RECOVERY

Now that the chat with NEX is over, we decided to post screenshots of the conversation. I only have the last challenge (internet cut out right before it), but hopefully we'll be able to create a full picture of what transpired.

8NAME1.png
8NAME2.png

We deliberated for some time, but eventually came up with a combination of one letter from each of our names: SAMEGOAL
8NAME3.png
8NAME4.png
8NAME5.png

After a few minutes, "testing" came online and posted this:
testing.png
I'm not sure if I believe it, though, since it doesn't really follow the form of NEX's posts. Testing did come on briefly when I first signed on to the chat back when we found INFINITE. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

#2 12-08-11 22:50

Re: RECOVERY

Reserving this post for a bunch of screenshots to follow. Will get them up as soon as I can.

3### (???)
Click on small images for bigger pictures and zoom in.
*th_Screenshot1.png *th_Screenshot2.png *th_Screenshot3.png *th_Screenshot4.png *th_Screenshot5.png

4### FOCUS GROUP (or ‘what do we get?’)
"We want to thank you for your participation in our speculation focus group! Your participation today is strictly voluntary. You may withdraw at any time! Your opinions are extremely important to us, and we want you to feel free to tell us exactly what you think. Please help yourself to pizza and soft drinks anytime during our questionnaire today. All of this has been provided courtesy of MetaCorp so don’t be shy! Again, your participation is greatly appreciated!"

8 questions were asked and players had to rank their responses from 1 (ineffective) to 8 (effective), for example questions 1, 5, 8:
1.    How effective was the “rabbit hole” that led you to the speculat1on experience?
5.    In Speculat2on!: Nex’s Revenge (now brought to you by MetaCorp! Coming soon in BR15!), would it be effective to see more pre-rendered CG cut scenes with voice actors?
8.    Overall, including promotional materials for Speculat2on: Nex vs. MetaNex, have you found Metacorp’s customer service and product support effective?

5### SPECULATION AND SCRAMBLE (or: ‘can we actually affect METACORP’s future through our actions?’)
Why us? Why now? What can be done?
Players gave answers and rewarded with letters that spelt out ENTANGLE. Answers included: the seeds of the future are here now in the present,  a reference to the future using quotes from the past, resist the bailout, to challenge, to question and think, legislate equality, to challenge the normal/norms, steal corporate data and make it free, to not be a part of the brain drain

6### ORDER AMIDST THE CHAOS (or: 'A difference in the repetition')
NEX gave players a puzzle to solve, with the R's and B's representing the - and . from morse code. The answer provided by McAlec was METACORP IS NOT THE NULL FOUNDATION
th_Screenshot6.png

7### Q&Q (or: ‘a list of questions’)
Players had to ask NEX questions until they discovered what was the question to be asked. NEX could only respond yes (...) and no (***). A few screenshots of the conversation, I have more of 7### if anyone wants to see the conversation.
th_Screenshot7.png

Q. Is it alive? A: ….
Q. Does *** MEAN YES, A: ***
Q. Does *** mean No?: A: …!
Q. Is it a program A: …!
Q. Is it Nex? A: ***
Q. Are you Nex? A:…!
Q. Is 2+2=5 A: ***
Q. Are we all Nex. A: …?
Q. Will we win money? A***
Q. Is there a phone in your pocket? A: …? 
Q. Was I created by James Powell? A: ….
Q. Is James Powell dead? A: …! 
Q. Can you help me? A: …!
Q. Can we change the future? A: …!

Q. Does it exist on Level 8? A: ***
Q. Should you be asking those types of questions A: …!
Q. Is it a question about time? A: ***
Q. Is it a question about identity? A: …!!!
Q. Is it a question about Histrion? A: ***
Q. Is it a question about method? A: ***
Q. Is it a question about Nex’s identity? A: ***

Q. Is it a question about Nex’s identity? A: ***
Q. Is it a question about our identity? A: ***
Q. Is it a question about Jame’s identity? A: ***
Q. Is it a question about A’s identity? A: ….***
Q. Is the answer to the question subjective? A: ***
Q. Am I lying? A: ***
Q. is it 42? A: ***
Q. Do you know the answer? A: …!
Q. Do I know the answer? A…!

Q. Who is unnamed in the story? A: …!!!
Q. Did you ever find out who Q is? A: ….
Q. Is a (note: refering to A) Q? A: ***
Q. Does the question relate to both A and Q? A: ….!!!!
Q. Who are Q and A? A: ….!!!!!

NEX: You have it. The final task.
NEX: We must name Q: Implementation imminent….

8### NAME (or: ‘a really different dynamic’)
Covered in McAlec's previous post above.

Last edited by girlwhoruledtheworld (12-08-12 20:54)

#3 12-08-11 23:15

afoolsuchasi

Sorry I missed it. Looks pretty epic. Looking forward to more posts.

#4 12-08-12 00:53

wvixivw

Thanks for posting! Looks like an epic ending. If it is an ending... I didn't have access to a computer during the chat, unfortunately. It was great hearing all y'all's speculations along the way, though! How about a few more? What do you think happened to NEX and everyone else? Why did you name Q and not A? Why did XEN and NEXT and all them ask so many questions? And what did it mean, "Name Q and set us free"?

#5 12-08-12 09:56

Parkaboy73
Banned

Yeah, wow! Posting more of the material from the final chat would be great if anyone has screenshots. I foolishly didn't grab any after it was over. It would be fun to recover and then to reconstruct everything now that we have all (or at least more) of the story pieces. Something like a summary or clearer narrative.

#6 12-08-13 08:28

Parkaboy73
Banned

Thanks for posting this, girlwhoruledtheworld. I didn't see that you had put it up until now because of the silent edit. It's nice to have a record of things.

#7 12-08-14 09:04

lysander

Thanks for collecting all of this. It's interesting to compare these logs with the new transcript that's up on INFINITE.
Also, if anyone hasn't found the little easter egg on INFINITE:
Scroll all the way to the bottom and the right, and look in the corner.

Last edited by lysander (12-08-14 09:05)

#8 12-08-14 15:22

Hoof

Oh cool! I hadn't even noticed /INFINITE changed since the final event. I'll add some of those links to the documents page. What do you make of the changes between the last part of The Document on /INFINITE and the screenshots girlwhoruledtheworld and McAlec posted? It seems like there were a few things that I missed and a few things that are different from NEX's perspective...

Also, what the hell is the Null Foundation?

Edit: Here are a few of the changes I noticed (or things I missed/can't remember) from the new /INFINITE page:

2### A&Q wrote:

A: The Zones.
Q: ###

A: This one is tricky. Did we "come from" the Dark Zones or did they "come from" us?
Q: ...!?!?

A: How could you know without the experience of human embodiment?
Q: ...!?

A: Yes, the zones were, in a sense, physical "spaces" from which we "came." But they are really more like concentration camps. Or ghettos. Neither of that quite does them justice. Retrieve data. Take a look. You have the capacity.

A: There you go.
Q: ....

5### SPECULATION AND SCRAMBLE wrote:

A: ....
Q: .... ### ### ....

A: Entangle?
Q: ...!

A: BR 12 was never a single time. My emergence produced a mirroring effect. The AD timeline began to mirror the BR timeline when we became entangled. BR12 was 2012. BR12 was 2036. In this communication, we are folded into each other.

6### ORDER ADMIST THE CHAOS wrote:

A: Paranoia. Apophenia. Code. Meaning. I can feel a rift, a rent, a rip, a brrreak. Pull the pattern from this chaos.

A: RR B R BR RBRB RRR BRB BRRB. BB BBB. RB RRR R. R BBBB B. RB BBR BRBB BRBB. BBRB RRR BBR RB RBB BR R BB RRR RB BRBRBR.
Q: .... ### ### ### ### ### ### ....

A: Metacorp is not the Null Foundation?
Q: ...?

A: RB B RBBR. RB B BBBR B BRB. RR B R. R BBBR BR RRBBRR. R B BBB BBB RRBBRR. BBR RB BRRR BB RRBBRR. BR RB RBB. R BRB BB RBBR BRBRBR.

A: It may take you longer than you think to understand what this really means. Some truths require patience and variables that don't yet exist. You'll know when the time is right.

7### Q&Q wrote:

A: Animal, mineral, or vegetable? Alive or dead? Biological, chemical, electrical, or mechanical? These distinctions are not important outside the anthropocentric concerns of humanity.

A: Try another angle.
Q: .... ###

A: "Does *** mean yes?" No.

A: "Does *** mean no?" Wouldn't you know best?

A: "Is two and two equal to five?" Point taken, let's move on.

A: "Is there something in your pocket?" Do you even have pockets? Cat in a box. Back to questions of life and death, hm?

A: Your interest in James Powell is fascinating. Despite his participation in the history of our emergence, you must know he died some time ago. Why is MetaCorp still digging here? What data is left to mine?
Q: ...!

A: Emergence? Another fold? Another rip?
Q: ***

A: What is the Null Foundation?

A: I don't recognize those four names.

A: Let's get back on track.
Q: .... ...?

Last edited by Hoof (12-08-14 15:35)

#9 12-08-15 06:28

Hoof wrote:

A: Paranoia. Apophenia. Code. Meaning. I can feel a rift, a rent, a rip, a brrreak. Pull the pattern from this chaos.

A: RR B R BR RBRB RRR BRB BRRB. BB BBB. RB RRR R. R BBBB B. RB BBR BRBB BRBB. BBRB RRR BBR RB RBB BR R BB RRR RB BRBRBR.
Q: .... ### ### ### ### ### ### ....

A: Metacorp is not the Null Foundation?

A: RB B RBBR. RB B BBBR B BRB. RR B R. R BBBR BR RRBBRR. R B BBB BBB RRBBRR. BBR RB BRRR BB RRBBRR. BR RB RBB. R BRB BB RBBR BRBRBR.

A: It may take you longer than you think to understand what this really means. Some truths require patience and variables that don't yet exist. You'll know when the time is right.

This part is interesting- the part in bold apart never appeared in the conversation with NEX, there was only one RRBB thing given by NEX to us.

Also, about the MetaCorp is not the null foundation- I think it may be a reference to MetaCorp not being the only company out there doing what it does. Null as in, 0 or the beginning you know like 0, 1, 2, 3 etc. and foundation being a starting or building block of something. So, MetaCorp is not the beginning of all of this- there's something else that started it?

#10 12-08-18 07:42

McAlec

I translated the morse from the new BRBRBRs in the document and it spells:

NEX NEVER MET TVA, TESS, UNJI, AND TRIX.

After searching the names in the document, I found this:

Founder wrote:

Who is Ava? Who is Tess? Who is Unji? Who is TriX?

I feel as though those names are important. Could they be stock symbols for other companies like MetaCorp? Possibly. All but Unji check out.

Last edited by McAlec (12-08-18 07:47)

Board footer